The Effect of Opening Injection Pressure Monitoring Device to Detect Needle Nerve Contact During Ultrasound Guided Popleatial Approach in Diabetic Patients for Below Knee Amputation
Iraqi Postgraduate Medical Journal,
2021, Volume 20, Issue 2, Pages 110-115
AbstractBACKGROUND: Ultrasound-guided popliteal sciatic nerve blocks is a useful approach for below- knee surgery. Using the injection pressure monitoring device.
This study to assess the role of opening Injection Pressure monitoring device in providing and avoid nerve injury in patients who underwent, popliteal sciatic nerve block under ultrasound-guided.
This study involve fifty patients underwent unilateral below knee amputation were randomly assigned under ultrasound-guided popliteal sciatic nerve block and femoral nerve block have been done, with use opening Injection Pressure monitoring device and additional ultrasound guided.
Regarding the pressure of the injections monitoring , we noticed that in this study, the highest proportion of study patients recorded needle nerve contact (44%) ,needed low pressure CONCLUSION: There is high incidence of intraneural needle placement or needle neve contact of nerve under ultrasound guide.
- A. S. Fard, M. Esmaelzadeh, and B. Larijani, “Assessment and treatment of diabetic foot ulcer,” International Journal of Clinical Practice, vol. 61, pp. 1931–1938, 2017 View at Publisher · View at Google Scholar· View at Scopus Singh S, Pai DR, Yuhnui C. Diabetic foot ulcer- Diagnosis and management. Clin Res Foot Ankle. 2015 ;1:3.
- Jain AKC, Viswanath S. Distribution and analysis of diabetic foot. OA Case Rep. 2016 ;2:117.
- Vloka JD, Hadzic A, Lesser JB, Kitain E, Geatz H, April EW, Thys DM. A Common Epineural Sheath for the Nerves in the Popliteal Fossa and Its Possible Implications for Sciatic Nerve Block. Anesth Analg 84:387- 90, 1997
- Sala-Blanch X, López A, Prats-Galino A: Vloka sciatic nerve sheath: a tribute to a visionary. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2015;40:174
- Hadzic A, Vloka JD (1998) A comparison of the posterior versus lateral approaches to the block of the sciatic nerve in the popliteal fossa. Anesthesiology 88: 1480-1486.
- Vloka JD, Hadžić A, Lesser JB, et al. A common epineural sheath for the nerves in the popliteal fossa and its possible implications for sciatic nerve block. Anesth Analg. 1997;84:387–390.
- Hadzić A, Capdevila X: Ultrasound-guided nerve blocks: the real position of the needle should be defined. Anesth Analg 2017;114: 929–930
- Choquet O, Hadzić A, Capdevila X: Ultrasound-guided nerve blocks: the real position of the needle should be defined. Anesth Analg 2012;114: 929–930
- Gadsden JC, Choi JJ, Lin E, Robinson A: Opening injection pressure consistently detects needle-nerve contact during ultrasound-guided interscalene brachial plexus block. Anesthesiology 2014;120:1246–53.
10. Hadzic A, Dilberovic F, Shah S, et al: Combination of intraneural injection and high injection pressure leads to fascicular injury and neurologic deficits in dogs. 2004;29:417–423
11. Bbraun sharing expertise last accessed: January 30th 2018,http://bbraunusa.com.
12. Bigeleisen PE, Chelly J: An unsubstantiated condemnation of intraneural injection. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2011; 36:95.
13. Jeff C. Gadsden, M.D., F.R.C.P.C., F.A.N.Z.C.A., Jason J. Choi, M.D., Emily Lin, M.D., Allegra Robinson, R.N: Opening Injection Pressure.2011; 39:55–9.
- 14. Orebaugh SL, Mukalel JJ, Krediet AC, Weimer J, Filip P, McFadden K, Bigeleisen PE: Brachial plexus root injection in a human cadaver model: Injectate distribution and effects on the neuraxis. Reg Anesth Pain Med 2016; 37:525–9.
15. Andrzej Krol ; Matthew Szarko ; Arber Vala ; Jose De Andres: Pressure Monitoring of Intraneural an Perineural Injections Into the Median, Radial, and Ulnar Nerves; Lessons From a Cadaveric Study. Anesth Pain Med. 2015; 5: e22723.
16. Steinfeldt T, Poeschl S, Nimphius W, Graf J, Zoremba M,Mueller HH, Wulf H, Dett F: Forced needle advancement during needle-nerve contact in a porcine model: Histological outcome. Anesth Analg 2011; 113:417–20.
- Article View: 16
- PDF Download: 6