Evaluation of a Modified Dome Holding Technique for Transdomal Suture in Rhinoplasty
Iraqi Postgraduate Medical Journal,
2021, Volume 20, Issue 2, Pages 143-148
There are multiple techniques for gaining the refinement of tip, increase projection and rotation.
This study based on A modified dome holding technique for transdomal Suture in rhinoplasty.
To evaluate the result of A modified dome holding technique for transdomal suture in rhinoplasty.
PATIENTS AND METHODS:
Between November 2018 and March 2020, 10 patients were subjected to aesthetic rhinoplasty in Alwasity teaching hospital. Their ages between 19-30 years “8 females versus 2 males”. Those patients were undergoing rhinoplasty with using innovative technique. Nine out of ten of our patients had thin skin and only one of them had thick skin.
Average time of operation was one hour and a half (1 hour-2 hour), our results showed that the post-operative appearance had acceptable aesthetic results in all our patients with narrow nasal tip without pinching and with adequate tip projection and rotation.
Dome stabilizing suture using this innovative method is effective way for producing narrow of nasal tip, dome symmetry, and enhancing tip rotation and projection, with good functional results.
- Gregory S.Georgiade, Ronald Riefkhol, L.Scott Lerin. Georgiade plastic, maxillofacial and reconstructive surgery. 3rd ed, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 1997: 635.
- Baris. Cakir, Ali Riza overoglin, Rollin K. Daniel. Surface aesthetic in tip rhinoplasty: A step-by-step guide, Aesthetic surgery journal, 2014; 34:941-55.
- Ramin A. Behmand, Ashkan Ghavami, Bahman Guyuron. Nasal tip suture part I: the evolution, plastic and reconstructive surgery, 2003; 112: 1125-29.
- Ronald p. Gruber, Jennifer Weintraub, Jason pomerantz. Suture technique for the nasal tip, Aesthetic surgery Journal, 2008;92 :92-100.
- Rod J. Rohrich, JockH. SHEEN, Gary Burget, DeonE. Burget. Secondary rhinoplasty and nasal reconstruction. 1st ed, QMP, ST. Louis Missouri, 1996: 8- 9.
- Hans Behrbohm, M. Eugene Tardy. Essential of septorhinoplasty: philosophy, Approaches, techniques: 1st ed, Thieme, NewYork, 2017: 87-88.
- Sameep Kadakia, Alexander ovchinsky. Modified endonasal tongue-in-groove technique, facial plastic surgery, 2016; 32: 569-75.
- Bahman Guyuron, Ramin A. Behmand. Nasal tip suture part II: The interplays. Plastic and reconstructive surgery, 2003; 112 :1130-45.
- Rollin K. Daniel .Rhinoplasty: open tip suture techniques: A 25- year experience, facial plastic surgery, 2011; 27:213-29.
- Kamlesh B. patel et al. Anatomical study of the medial crura and the effect on tip projection in open rhinoplasty, plastic and reconstructive surgery, 2011;132 :787-93.
- Baris Cakir, Teoman Dogan, Ali Riza oreroglu, Rollin K. Daniel. Rhinoplasty: surface aesthetic and surgical technique, Aesthetic surgery journal, 2013; 33:363-75.
- Amarjil S.Dosanijh, Charles tisu, Ronald D. Gruber. The hemitransdomal suture for narrowing the nasal tip, Annuals of plastic surgery, 2010; 64: 708-12.
- Bahman Guyuron. Bahman Guyuron rhinoplasty. 1st ed Elsevier Saunders, Philadelphia, 2012: 146.
- Rollin K Daniel. Mastering rhinoplasty. 2nd ed, springer, New York, 2010:120.
- Anthony corrado, Jason D.Bloom, Daniel G-Becker. Domal stabilization suture in tip rhinoplasty, Arch plastic surgery, 2009; 11:194-97.
- Sureyya Seneldir, Yusuf Muhammed Durna. An innovative and easy dome technique for transdomal suture in rhinoplasty, the Journal of craniofacial surgery, 2018, DOI:10.1097/SCS.0000000000004619
- Article View: 5
- PDF Download: 15